Barrio Independent Productions (B.I.P.) will present The 2022 Annual Frenzy Fest at El Barrio’s ArtSpace PS109, Manhattan, NY and ONLINE. The festival will run from November 11 thru November 20, 2022.
The central theme of all plays and short-films submitted to the Frenzy Fest should cover the human mind and frenzy episodes. (Frenzy-Episodes / a kind of mental agitation, violent excitement, emotional breakdown, delirium and/or rage). Each play and short-film may present social issues as: drug-additions, rape, domestic-violence, immigration-issues, LGBTT-relationship, catastrophic illness. suicide, anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD-disorder, bipolarity, and social problems such as poverty or war, that lead the human being to suffer these Frenzy-episodes, giving us a wide audience since all people, or directly or indirectly, haves had to face some of these situations. The genres it’s open (drama, comedy, mystery thriller etc.)
- Theatrical one act plays (English or Spanish), with a duration between 35 to 40 minutes.
- Screenwriter – Script with duration between 10 to 15 minutes.
- Filmmaker – a Short-Film with a duration between 10 to 15 minutes
Who can submit?
The participation is open to artists of every nationality, working individually or in a group.
What to do?
Fill out this application and send it by email to: email@example.com with the required attachments
Select, in the application, the category or categories you wish to enter
Arrange online payment of entry fee: The Frenzy Fest entry fee is $35.00 for each application. Writers who reside in countries other than the United States are welcome to enter the contest; however, entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- All Scripts (Screenwriter) submissions must be received by July 31, 2022
- All short-film (Filmmaker) submissions must be received by September 30, 2022
- All Playwrights submissions must be received by July 31, 2022
BIP will announce the Screenwriters and Playwrights Official Selection on August 31, 2022
BIP will announce the Filmmakers Official Selection on October 15, 2022
- Frenzy Short Film Festival Statuette – A unique piece of art made by the sculptress Olivia Beens
- The selected scripts will get their screenplay turned into a short-film final-cut movie. (Complete Production: Professional studio space, Director, Gaffer, Sound, Photography, actors, equipment, Post production (editorial, sound mixing, color grading, digital final mastering)
- The Best Cinematographic Works will receive a monetary compensation
- The selected plays will receive the 20% of the entrance tickets
- …and much more!
BIP will open an online event to present the selected short films and the final cut of the selected scripts.
BIP will open an event on a theater to present the selected short films, the final cut of the selected scripts and the selected plays.
For more information contact us at 646-238-9899
Frenzy Fest 2022 is made possible in part with public funds from Creative Engagement, supported by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council and administered by LMCC.